Amanda of Girl about Columbus revealed 10 of her favorite activities while staying in Folly. Read more for her favorites on where to eat, stay, and play.
1. Check out some of her favorite local eats. Located on Center street, Taco Boy has been rated as one of the top 5 restaurants in Folly by TripAdvisor. Nacho’s, margarita’s, and the quintessential fish tacos will make you want to come back again and again. In the mood for pizza? Check out Woody’s for a cold beer and excellent slices.
3. Check out the Morris Island Lighthouse. Due to erosion, the lighthouse is no longer in operation but it still is a sight to be seen.
4. Watch the sunrise overlooking the lighthouse, one of the best spots on the island.
5. Relax on the beach, listen to the waves while reading your favorite book.
6. Check out our events for nightly live music.
7. Book one of our rental homes.
8. The Folly Beach Pier tops the list of must haves. Fishing, walking, birding, and the opportunity to enjoy breathtaking views of the Edge of America are just some of the possibilities at the Edwin S. Taylor Folly Beach Fishing Pier, where you can find some of the best saltwater fishing in the area. The pier is a breathtaking landmark that stretches 1,045 feet into the sparkling waters of the Atlantic Ocean.
At 25-feet wide and 23-feet above sea level, the pier is the 2nd longest on the east coast and offers not only spectacular views, but a variety of fishing tournaments, special events, and dining. Check out our events during the summer months for evening activities like moonlight mixers.
9. Brunch. The Lost Dog Cafe (yes, your dog is welcome) & Rita’s Seaside Grille. Order anything on either menu, you can’t go wrong. For more recommendations, check out our Brunch post.
10. Take home some souvenirs from the shops on Center Street.