A Folly Beach vacation is calling your name. But the question is, how do you find the perfect rental for you and your family? Here are some tips and hacks to put to good use the next time your shopping for a rental on the island.
- Vacation homes on Folly are listed in many different places. Only look at trusted local websites, and not free/open to post resources like Craigslist where fraudsters wait to collect your deposit on properties they have no affiliation with .
- Dont forget to look for properties listed by the owners themselves. FollyBeach.com has a good mix of owner/agency managed homes if we do say so ourselves, and there are others like VRBO and Home Away.
- You can always Google the property’s address to look for reviews or more details. This is a good way to get more specifics about any house or condo you’re thinking of renting. And past reviews might give you a clearer idea of what to expect.
- Get your rental agreement in writing and read it. Double check the dates, check in and out times, and payment requirements. This will ensure that you know what to expect and won’t be surprised by the smallest details or extra fees for things like cleaning or pets.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Some rentals require you bring your own sheets or towels. Some units have parking, while others don’t. Is there direct beach access? Can I bring my dog? Do I have to clean before I leave? Is the property handicap accessible? Will I get back my security deposit? Don’t assume any of these answers, even if you’ve rented a similar property before. Rules can change year-to-year and property-to-property.
- If you don’t get a good feeling from the property at any point of the rental process, then move on to the next listing. Folly has so many amazing houses, you’re sure to find one that will fit your vacation needs and help you to relax and unwind.
For a quick list of vacation rentals, including condos, oceanfront, and marsh view properties click here.